8.03.2010

I am

Every time I go to work at the hospital, I pass the Children's Art Gallery and admire the beautiful "syringe paintings" and decorated gloves. My favorite piece of work is a poem titled "I am". It's such a beautiful, inspirational poem that defines the spirit of many patients at the hospital. Today was an amazing day at work, unlike many other weeks when it's very boring. I got to shadow a social worker in the ICU, meet some people involved in organ donation, and sit in on a meeting regarding ethics on death. Anyways, I'm posting the poem I saw in that little corridor, and decided to jot down on the back of a receipt I had in my bag. I hope you enjoy, because I certainly did.

I am
I am Jaycee
I am from Philadelphia and New Jersey
I am from cheesecake and the shore
I am a daughter, grand-daughter, sister, cousin, and friend
I am outgoing, photogenic, lovable, and sassy 
I am 7 yrs. old and I am a 2nd grader
I am a superhero and an artist
I am a videogame player and a Bubble Blower
I am made from Mom and Dad and God
I have recycled parts
I am a transplant and oncology patient
I am a survivor
I am a miracle!


by Jaycee, June 22, 2010




 

No comments:

Post a Comment