1.28.2011

Seeing

“The green ray is a seldom-seen streak of light that rises from the sun like a spurting fountain at the moment of sunset; it throbs into the sky for two seconds and disappears” -Annie Dillard, Seeing

Most of the time life feels like this great big muddle of useless crap that I'm not really sure about at all. Most of the time it seems so hopeless, like time goes by so slowly as the day goes by but so quickly as time goes on. Every single day I want to start somewhere new and look for what I'm supposed to be doing with my life. I feel like what I'm doing right now isn't living, it's just filling up a life with unexpressed time. 

One day, though, I'm going to find that green light on the horizon. I learned from a lot of people that you can't find that spark of life if you're looking for it; you have to live in order to happen upon it. I wish I were in a position in which I can see that green light, like a spurting fountain, but right now all I see is darkness.

4 comments:

  1. beautiful. its very sad in a way, but also very hopeful. i like it better then ur tree/why the world should creamate post, lol. :)

    but i like the quote alot... it kinda makes me think of that scene in pirates 3, you know when the boats flip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry i had to post again, because it really bothers me when it says "1 comments"

    ReplyDelete
  3. no Golden Globe or SAG Fashion post? that's not like you...P.S can you please look at the dress Julia Stiles wore at the 2011 SAG Awards? I WANT IT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Green light in Great Gatsby. Green light from Avada Kedevra. Can I make a correlation?

    ReplyDelete