5.19.2010

Pet Peeve 3-Conversational Retards

I have a very low tolerance for annoying people, especially those who have no real purpose in the conversation they wish to hold with you. My NT and I were discussing the incredible annoyance of asinine questions that have absolutely no relevance and contribute nothing to the conversation. I also hate people who can't say anything intersting to save their life.

How was your weekend?
How long did that last?
How much did it cost?
Wasn't it far?
What did you bring?
What did you wear?
Did you wear socks?
Where do you buy your socks?
Were they expensive?
What type of detergent do you use to wash your socks?
What scent is the detergent?

DO YOU SEE HOW ANNOYING THAT IS????

As for the conversational retards aspect, if you don't have an interesting response, don't bother saying anything.

Me: How was your weekend?
Person X: You know that tree in my yard? No. I don't know that tree in your yard. They cut it down! It's so sad! So what you're telling me is that you did absolutely nothing this weekend. You think the fact that some guys who came and chopped down a tree constitutes an intersting aspect of your weekend that will somehow lead to a conversation with me. 
Me: Oh. What else am I supposed to say?

I also hate stupid observations that are totally obvious. Things such as describing the surrounding area or the weather count as stupid observations because I could have come up with that on my own. Hello, I have eyes.

Look, the soccer team is running.
Oh no, it's raining.
It's windy.
That guy has a blue shirt on.
My toes are green.
They are cutting down my tree.

3 comments:

  1. hahha no its something else you wouldnt get it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog :))
    I would like to invite you my giveaway - you can win great makeup & accessories :)) Please check it out here:

    http://fraupixiedust.blogspot.com/2010/05/my-first-giveaway-make-up.html

    I hope you enjoy it, cannot wait to hear from you <3
    Have a great day!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete