11.29.2010

Continued Review

Naturally, it's much easier to pick out the things I don't like about something than it is to go on and on about how great something is. I stand by the fact that the Harry Potter movie was quite good, but after some further discussion with my fellow Harry Potter geeks, here are some other things about the movie that should've been included:


  • Even though the Dursleys don't seem that important, they really are. I think that the makers of the film kind of overlooked that fact because the Dursleys aren't cinematically exciting, but the first scene of the movie should have included at least the faces of Dudley and Aunt Petunia as they leave Harry. That is the last time Harry will ever see his Muggle connections ever again, and it was a bit anti-climatic. 
  • Well, they finally introduced Bill. However, it was kind of offhand and awkward, as if it was just something the makers of the films had to check off a list. I expected him to look a bit more gruesome...but then again, there wasn't even a seen of Greyback mawling Bill in the sixth movie.
  • I HATE FLEUR. That actress is one of the only casting downfalls of the entire franchise. Almost every single character is perfectly cast, but I was disappointed in Fleur starting from the fourth movie. She's supposed to be gorgeous to the point that it's hard to look at! No offense, but that actress is just...eh. OH AND SHE HAD A BRITISH ACCENT INSTEAD OF A FRENCH ONE WTF.
  • They didn't show enough of Dobby in all the movies. I fucking love Dobby.
  • There was one tiny detail I'm surprised nobody noticed: the Potters' grave. It literally wouldn't have added any screentime to engrave the rightful phrase on the tombstone The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death because that basically foreshadows the whole Deathly Hallows thing.
  • I thought it would've been pretty cool to see Peter Pettigrew strangle himself, but I guess people who didn't read the books wouldn't have understood that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment