3.16.2011

Cannibalism

Being Asian, I'm exposed to a lot of weird foods. I don't personally think it's that strange to eat chicken heart or shark or octopus, but apparently the only animals that are acceptable to eat are boring ones, like cows and pigs and chickens.

You would think that I would be down with eating just about anything, and if trapped on an island with no means of survival but the human corpses strewn about, many people would probably assume that I'm one of those people who would do anything for self-preservation. I thought that I was that type of person too, but the thought of cannibalism makes me really squeamish, and it wasn't until today that I realized why.

It's not the fact that I would be chewing on my friend's leg or whatever, because most of my friends have meaty legs and I would have a good sustenance, but I think about when I survive, I'm airlifted off the island safe and sound, and then...I have to go to the bathroom.

After you eat someone, YOU POOP THEM OUT. That's the part that scares the crap out of me, literally. Think about taking a dump and then looking at your shit as you're about to flush and thinking, "Oh hey, ABBY IS FLOATING IN THERE." I can't fathom the idea of actually pooping out a human being. I can deal with the eating part, I'm all right with the thought of having a person go down my digestive tract, but I cannot poop out a person. I'm already supposed to squeeze out a person at the other end eventually, and I just can't do it more than I have to. If I'm going to shit anybody out, they have to be alive.

1 comment:

  1. "If I'm going to shit anybody out, they have to be alive."
    - so...human sushi? but you don't even really like regular sushi...

    ReplyDelete