7.06.2010

harry potter should motivate you to diet

On June 28th, I was not at the Harry Potter theme park. No, I was at work, I believe, bored out of my mind and wishing I was at Honeyduke's or Zonko's. As I daydreamed about Ollivander and perhaps a magical moment when I united with the perfect wand, and finally tasting butterbeer, some lucky souls were stepping through the gates, gazing up at the formidable structure of Hogwarts.

Imagine that you have been a Harry Potter fan since the beginning of time. Imagine that you waited for this day in apprehension and read the fourth book for the tenth time so you could memorize the names of the dragons. Imagine that you specially ordered new shoes that were both comfortable and matched the set of Quidditch robes you would be sure to purchase. The morning of June 28, you wake up with stars practically shooting out of your eyes, and you run to your parents' bedroom to shake them awake as if it's Christmas, only better. June 28 dethrones December 25 as the best day ever. 

Finally, you step into the wonderland of Harry Potter perfection. The first thing you want to do is ride "Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey". The line seems to move as slowly as Ron's crappy broom, but you are finally at the front of the line. Just as you are about to climb into the Chariot of Eternal Happiness aka the roller coaster, a park official stops you with a tanned, beefy arm. "I'm sorry, young lady, but I'm afraid you will not be able to ride today."

Internally, you laugh. What does he mean? "The safety seat is not big enough to accommodate you. I'm sorry, but you are too fat to ride." 

...

Okay, pause on the hypothetical situation and flowery descriptions. There are people complaining that they didn't get to ride the roller coaster because they were too big, which is understandable. However, I would think of that terrible moment to be a wake up call. If I was too fat to get on the roller coaster of my dreams, I would have an immediate epiphany and start to get my size under control right away. If something as simple as your weight is getting in the way of your Harry Potter dream, shouldn't you take hold of that and change it? It's amazing that the United States is the fattest country in the entire world because we have the widest variety of food selection available. I see more and more overweight and obese men, women, and children every day, and it's unhealthy. Being rejected my flipping HARRY POTTER would motivate anybody to go to the gym.

Source: http://www.aolnews.com/weird-news/article/fat-harry-potter-fans-turned-away-from-forbidden-journey-ride-at-wizarding-world-theme-park/19528135

3 comments:

  1. hey.
    this was the best blog post i have ever seen. period.
    just sayin'
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HIII LINH!!!!! This was a good blog! When we chat on Tues. morning I shall test you on incredibly hard Harry Potter trivia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANKS merlin! 5 more months until i go...

    ReplyDelete