7.24.2010

Pet Peeve 5-Misjudgment of Character

Specifically, I would like to refer to the instances in which characters are judged when one is freaking HALF ASLEEP. This morning, my mother walks into my room to wake me up, and of course I feel like cussing her out for even thinking about doing such a thing on a Saturday morning. I am half asleep and have no idea what I'm saying, yet she takes offense to this and chalks it up as a sign of disrespect.

After all these years of parenting me, she should know some basic guidelines about my character:

1) I'm a complete bitch in the morning. I either need coffee, tea, or Harry Potter to get me awake.
2) Just because she told me to wake up and I made some sort of unidentified groan doesn't mean I heard her. Most of the time I think she's part of the dream I'm having and I have no clue I should be at work in 5 minutes.
3) Don't try talking to me while I'm in bed. I'm not listening and if I answer, it either won't make sense or I don't even realize what I'm saying.

Of course my mother doesn't read my blog. What would she say about my conversations with random people and my obsession over a fictional character? No matter. I'm going back to sleep now anyways.

2 comments:

  1. or you might knee me and then think you're dreaming...then i might have a whole conversation with you and then you have no idea what we talked about...

    ReplyDelete