9.09.2010

Reflection in List Form

Since I'm very strange and enjoy making lists, I've decided to make a list basically expressing the little minutiae I so love to dwell on pertaining to this trip. There were a few more days in Sai Gon but it's not really interesting to the general public. We just ate a lot.

THINGS I MISS
-The nom noms: OMG we ate so much there it was insane. I had food babies several times a day there.
-The cheapness: One of the reasons why we ate so much was because it was so inexpensive. A fancy dinner with drinks didn't come close to ten dollars per person.
-The people: Everyone I met in Vietnam and Cambodia was so nice and was much more open to me than back at home. I got back home and I have my parents yelling at me again...up close this time. It happened plenty of times over the phone and email, but there was 8000 miles separating us.
-Naptime: I still haven't adjusted to not having naps after lunch. Some days I ate breakfast, went somewhere, ate lunch, napped, ate dinner, and went to bed. It was awesome.

THINGS I'M GLAD I HAVE BACK AT HOME
-The bathroom: My god, when I got home, I just sat in my bathroom and admired at the nice and dry floors and how the shower was actually separate. Ahhh creature comforts.
-Raw vegetables: I ate salad when I got back. A big salad. One of the reasons I DIDN'T GET DIARRHEA AT ALL was because I tried not to eat tơo many raw vegetables in Vietnam which was TORTURE but it paid off I guess.
-Constant air conditioning: Self explanatory.
-Fashion: The clothes in Vietnam suck. I think I'm going to dedicate an entire blog post to Vietnamese fashion and how tacky it is. It disappoints me.
-Hair ties: I hate all those freaking scrunchies.

Peace. Naptime now.

No comments:

Post a Comment