12.11.2010

Mrs. Kim

Mrs. Kim pulled up in her Toyota Camry and attached that ominous triangular sign onto the top of her car, adjusted the mirrors, and looked at me expectantly.

I looked up at the sign. Student Driver.


Mrs. Kim took my money and I climbed into the left side of the car, and soon we were off, Mrs. Kim and I, putt-putting around the alleyways of Northern Virginia, passing students in various states of insanity as they jogged in the 30 degree weather. Mrs. Kim told me to keep my hands at the 4 and 8, though it sounded more like Ookee Leeeen. Let's keep our haans at dee foh and ahate ookee? Mrs. Kim is Korean.

Mrs. Kim urged me to go longer. It took about five miles to realize that longer meant faster. 

I took that triangle-topped vehicle onto Roberts Road, where I promptly began speeding without even thinking about it. I was going 40 and Mrs. Kim practically had a heart attack. We wish to be going 30 yes?


I like Mrs. Kim. I will be driving in that triangle-topped Toyota again this week. 

1 comment:

  1. Mr.Tin is a reputable student-driving expert you could consider.

    ReplyDelete