12.04.2010

The Post-SAT World


College Board has got us all tricked. The SAT is just a test, guys. If you score less than what you wanted, you will not die. Just take it again, or take the ACT or prove you're smart and wonderful through something else. The test itself isn't even that hard, it's just long and boring, especially for an ADD person such as myself. I took it today for the first time, though I've taken several practice tests, and I fidgeted my way through the reading sections, but remained surprisingly still for the most part of the test. Being Asian, I have a tendency to take off my shoes when sitting still, but my feet didn't smell because I wore double-layered socks. 

Now that I got my first SAT over with, I feel so much more accomplished, and I won't have that stupid SAT prep book hanging over my head every night. As of Tuesday, I will begin my very first DRIVING LESSON. So legit. I just need to drive. You have no idea how much I need to drive. Driving will open up this whole new world for me. 

I have this thing in my head where I think about what I could be doing at that moment if I a) had a cell phone or b) could drive. Since the first part isn't going to happen until God knows when, I think about option b quite a lot. I have convinced myself that with my driver's license, I will go to the gym and work out, since I can technically do so for free, and also experience amazing moments of self-discovery when I am alone in my car, blasting music and talking to myself. However, I will probably use my license to get food all the time and go broke, and talk to myself until I go crazy. 

Did you notice the new yellow background? I just thought these cold, winter months needed a little brightening. I had this dumb cold weather.

1 comment: