4.27.2010

FASHIONFASHIONFASHON

The last week has been an absolute fashion mindfuck...like literally. I have been so FREAKING HAPPY about all the wonderful clothing I have been able to experience these past few weeks. From the red carpet to Seth Aaron on Project Runway, my inner fashion nerd has been hyperventilating:

IRON MAN 2 WORLD PREMIERE RED CARPET:

Robert Downey Jr. is a god. He is literally incapable of making any type of faux paus whatsoever, and he is the most effing fabulous. You might say his glasses make him look like a Bono groupie. You are wrong. He looks cool. You might say his sneakers make him look like a middle aged man pretending to be a teenager. You are out of your mind. You are just jealous that only the awesome Robert Downey Jr. can pull off this look. 
Scarlett Johansson is absolute perfection here. First of all, this Armani Prive is gorgeous. It's pretty reminiscent of what Kate Hudson wore during awards season, but I personally think Scarlett does a better job of pulling off the look. I love how this dress isn't exactly white; more of a greyish color. Even though it's structured, it still manages to look windswept and effortless due to the impeccable construction and Scarlett's hair, makeup, and minimal accessories.

For someone who used to be married to that jerkface Tom Brady, Michelle Monaghan looks really awesome. Not only this Derek Lam bustier dress really cool, but her shoes are to die for. I want her shoes. I wouldn't even wear them, but I would put them on display and stare at them. 

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Gwyneth Paltrow because she looks a bit too...commercial on the red carpet for my taste. However, I love this simple suit she wore. I haven't been seeing too many suits on the red carpet that actually flatter women, but she does a good job of keeping it simple. Hate the shoes though. I don't even know what to call them.


OTHER RED CARPET:

FINALLY Amanda Seyfried wears something besides pales, pastels, and Cinderella-like confections. This Viktor & Rolf blazer is super chic and her legs look amazing in those shorts. Wouldn't you agree she look great in black? Despite her Oscar red carpet flop and numerous others, I think the girl might have some hope.

WTF. OMG. *Insert other profanities due to lack of proper vocabulary* Vera Wang's organza focused collection already had me at hello, but Halle Berry makes everything look 2493203488x better. I stopped breathing when I saw this dress. I freaked out. A lot.

3 comments:

  1. First off, Bridget Moynahan was married to Tom Brady, get you facts straight. It's a wikipedia search away.
    Secondly, as I was reading this I was concerned that you need to go study, so go do it.
    Thirdly, I feel like you read a yahoo article about the fashion and the pulled the ideas and made them your own. Now you know how to plagiarize. JK. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops.
    I actually saw these photos on a a different blog but Yahoo came out with the pics later. And I'm just offering my own opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO EXCITED FOR IRON MAN 2!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG!!! TRAILER WAS EPIC!

    ReplyDelete